Thursday, October 8, 2009

Under a rock in a hard place.

We ended last session with most of the characters inside a missile silo.  After failing in a last ditch effort to hack into the silo's computer system and prevent the launch of a nuclear missile (armed and set to a target by the now deceased Richard Tater of the Knights of Genetic Purity), the party dropped a bunch of grenades down at the missile right before it launched.  We had already played a long and exciting session, and I decided that I needed a little time to think about what was going to happen next, so I told the players that their grenades had knocked the missile off its launch platform and described the sound of the missile caroming around the launch chamber below them.  End of session.  So of course my players have had a week to stew on the knowledge that they are hundreds of feet below ground, directly above an armed nuclear missile that may explode at any time.

After doing a little research in the meantime, I am pretty sure that I threw science out the window the second that I started describing the missile bouncing around the room instead of exploding when the grenades were dropped on it.  I am now armed with a good working knowledge of nuclear missiles (and I fervently hope that I did not end up on any FBI watchlists for my Google queries) and am ready to have fun with this situation.  I can't reveal what is going to happen (and of course, I can't predict what my players will do so I really don't know what will happen) but after tomorrow's session I am sure I will have an exciting post to make.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah! I've been stewing on this deadly little conundrum all week -- and I STILL don't know what the hell we're going to do!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...